DesignBoxed is seeking professionals who understand the intricacies of the Indian political system and can play a competent role in researching political data. The candidates must have expertise and knowledge of the political fabric of different states in the country or at the national level. A good understanding of regional politics of different along with a fair proficiency in their respective languages such as Punjabi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Assamese and/or Bengali is an added bonus!
- To have a thorough understanding of the political demographics of the state assigned and its parties.
- Implementing in-depth political research and analysis of constituencies and the background of political leaders.
- To stay abreast of the latest developments in the Indian political system, and the narratives of dominant political parties in every state/region.
Political Analyst and Strategist
The candidate must have a first-hand understanding of the Indian political system intricacies, its modus operandi and complexities. The role of a Political Analyst and Strategist is to derive close insights from the collected data, which shall be beneficial in carefully devising election winning strategies for clients.
- Working into the insights of the performance of Govt policies, their outcome in terms of success or failure.
- Keeping a vigilant eye on the narratives that parties build towards achieving a certain objective as well as the shortcomings of certain parties in building a narrative that could work in their favour.
- Researching strategies that can help in arriving at the ideal case scenario for parties lagging behind in terms of pushing a favourable narrative.
Educational Qualifications & Experience
- Meritorious academic record with graduation/post-graduation from a reputed institution
- At least 2 years of work experience in Policy, Advocacy, or Political Analysis
- Must understand the political dynamics of the country and how political parties work.
- Adept at working on MS-Office- particularly in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Have excellent research, verbal and written communication skills
- Ready to work on a magnanimous scale of campaigns
- Gear up for first hand, grassroots level and real-time experience of working in the political campaigning domain
- Have a keen eye for facts, figures and other vital details
- Critical thinking skills
- Confident, hard-working with sound analytical and thinking skills, and open to extended work hours as per work demands.
- Team player, adept at interacting with people and getting the work done
- Detail-oriented and able to meet stringent deadlines.
- Open to work-related travel, when required, often at short notices
- Positive outlook and are willing to learn/work in a team as well as individually
- Self-motivated to work in a creatively challenging atmosphere
- Willing to push the boundaries of hard work in order to bring out the best of abilities