DesignBoxed is seeking professionals who understand the intricacies of the Indian political system and can play a competent role in researching political data. The candidates must have expertise and knowledge of the political fabric of different states in the country or at the national level. A good understanding of regional politics of different along with a fair proficiency in their respective languages such as Punjabi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Assamese and/or Bengali is an added bonus!
- To have a thorough understanding of the political demographics of the state assigned and its parties.
- Implementing in-depth political research and analysis of constituencies and the background of political leaders.
- To stay abreast of the latest developments in the Indian political system, and the narratives of dominant political parties in every state/region.
Political Analyst and Strategist
The candidate must have a first-hand understanding of the Indian political system intricacies, its modus operandi and complexities. The role of a Political Analyst and Strategist is to derive close insights from the collected data, which shall be beneficial in carefully devising election winning strategies for clients.
- Working into the insights of the performance of Govt policies, their outcome in terms of success or failure.
- Keeping a vigilant eye on the narratives that parties build towards achieving a certain objective as well as the shortcomings of certain parties in building a narrative that could work in their favour.
- Researching strategies that can help in arriving at the ideal case scenario for parties lagging behind in terms of pushing a favourable narrative.
Educational Qualifications & Experience
- Meritorious academic record with graduation/post-graduation from a reputed institution
- At least 2 years of work experience in Policy, Advocacy, or Political Analysis
- Must understand the political dynamics of the country and how political parties work.
- Adept at working on MS-Office- particularly in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Have excellent research, verbal and written communication skills
- Ready to work on a magnanimous scale of campaigns
- Gear up for first hand, grassroots level and real-time experience of working in the political campaigning domain
- Have a keen eye for facts, figures and other vital details
- Critical thinking skills
- Confident, hard-working with sound analytical and thinking skills, and open to extended work hours as per work demands.
- Team player, adept at interacting with people and getting the work done
- Detail-oriented and able to meet stringent deadlines.
- Open to work-related travel, when required, often at short notices
- Positive outlook and are willing to learn/work in a team as well as individually
- Self-motivated to work in a creatively challenging atmosphere
- Willing to push the boundaries of hard work in order to bring out the best of abilities
The Company is based out of Mohali, Punjab. However, you may be required to travel, visit or relocate to other locations based on the work demands.